Invest In The Self Storage Industry With Help From PSL
In the last couple of years, throughout the UK and all across Europe the self storage industry has found increasing popularity with more businesses & entrepreneurs looking to invest and develop their own storage business. The reason for this is due to the vast benefits that entails operating a storage facility. So here's a few reasons for why you may want to consider getting involved within the self storage industry for yourself:
- With storage units, you're able to capitalise on underutilized space - This means you'll be able to make money on spare space that you have within a facility.
- Low staff requirements - Less staff would be needed to operate the facilities, most are run with 1-2 sales staff during the day and with a security guard at night, this way you save money on the amount of people you employ.
- Self Storage is useful for a variety of different sized items as units can be a multitude of different sizes, ranging from 10 sq foot units to bulk units of anything up to a 1000 sq foot. This allows you to cater for a variety of consumer needs and requirements.
- Return on investment - Self storage can turn a relatively low-yielding real estate asset and upgrade it to a higher yielding, more stable asset.
- Low facility maintenance - With storage units, there will be low customer traffic and they will be maintenance-free so office staff can cover the minimal housing duties.
Those are just a few of the benefits you are likely to receive if you are to get involved in self storage industry. However here are a few more facts to help give you some more information before you think of investing:
Here are the statistics to show how self storage is performing in the UK as of 2020:
- The UK average net rental rate is £22.82 per square foot per annum
- 48% of the public have a good awareness of self storage which has increased from previous years.
- 41% of self storage customers have used self storage previously
- 72% of businesses that use self storage have less than 10 staff
If you would like more information, please click here to head over to the Self Storage Association website to learn more.
It is also important to choose the right self storage construction specialists to help you design your own perfect facility. With over 15 years experience in the industry, PSL would be more than happy to guide you and offer you insight into the industry and thanks to our expert team of builders, we can install high quality sturdy and uniformed units to assist in providing a professional centre for your customers.
For more information on how PSL can help you, please feel free to give us a call on 01268 461358 or click here to get in touch. We'll be more than happy to assist you!