Self Storage has become a huge craze not only in the UK, but throughout many countries. There are a number of reasons for why this is the case. It’s not only the general public that want to hire out storage units, even businesses are looking to hire them due to their popularity and usefulness. Here are some of the benefits many people receive from using Self Storage:
- Storage units allow you to store temporarily store furniture if you’re moving home.
- If you’re renovating, you can store household possessions and valuables to keep them safe.
- Most storage companies offer long term and medium term storage solutions and in some cases even let you hire out storage units for less than a week.
- Business and commercial needs require extra space for stock and for other reasons, so Self Storage can offer the extra space and in turn, save the business money as it would work out cheaper to rent a unit rather than expanding the business.
- You can store a variety of different size objects, for example even a vehicle, as storage units can be a multitude of different sizes ranging from 10 square foot units to bulk units of anything up to 1000 square meters.
- When you’ve run out of space at home and cannot store any more possessions, storage units offer a helpful way in storing those goods, safely and effectively.
With Self Storage, there is always a concern with theft/loss of possessions, however, all legitimate storage companies are required to have CCTV monitoring systems, a secure perimeter and have to meet all fire and safety standards as the majority of these companies will belong to the SSA UK, therefore they have to comply with their membership standards. So, many people are comfortable with this and still choose to use self storage.
Over 250,000 people used self storage facilities in the UK in 2014 and with the self storage industry generating about £355 million for the previous year, it is clear to see that self storage is very popular and people are comfortable and happy using it. So if you’re considering using self storage, then why not check out one of the 815 self storage facilities in the UK or even one of the 50,048 in the USA and find out for yourself how much storage units cost to rent and get an understanding as to why lots of people are using them.